Updated: Nov 9, 2020
- HDTV 1080 25 = high definition, 1080 horizontal lines, 25 frames per second. Good for vimeo and YouTube.
-Change the resolution of the preview to low if your computer is struggling.
-The software wants you to tell it how long it is before you start
-You can change the background colour
- If you make a mistake you can change these initial settings by- composition- comp settings. These makes the screen pop up and here you can change for example the colour and length.
Making animated traffic lights:
-You can add as many compositions as you want
-Command z = undo
-Layer-new-solid= opens options, 200pxls x 200pxls = square
- Square put on timeline + put inside folder to the left
-Command +/- = zoom in/ zoom out
-Edit-split layer breaks the length of the object on the timeline in two
- Use arrow keys to move object
-Command a = duplicate
-Shift-command d = split
-Click layer and drag to the bottom to affect layering on screen
- To make glass/ illumination - duplicate red light - layer- solid setting - darker red
- How to do things at different times
-access layers properly where there’s an arrow- drops down a transform option (submenu)- arrow expand further shows position scale etc-stop watch icon- click-diamond shape on timeline- shows key frame working
-At this time do this
-Drag square along- sets a motion path- moves point A to B
-Distance of key frame points affect the speed
-Middle changes to form a curve
-Remove handles using pen tool - click them turns it into a straight line
-Work area- tells you what area heads exporting - plays in a small loop to focus on a section
-B = start N= end
-Can form interactions between shapes
-How do they interact - friction? Weight? Movement?
-Cross hair shape = anchor point
-Anchor point tool by camera to change point position - causes scales to work around anchor point
- P=position R= rotation S= Scale T=opacity - key frame shortcuts
-U= reveal all active key points in composition, UU= reveal all altered points in composition