After working with typography, attending ceramic workshop and researching into Alex sickling I decided to experiment and combine ceramics with typography to develop my skills and play around with ideas. Below is a photograph of my sketchbook showing my initial idea and the meanings behind this piece.
The Clay Figures:
Here is what my figures looked like in clay. I decided to use air drying clay as it was readily available to be and it could dry easily. I used techniques from my initial ceramics Workshop for example making slip and using a crosshatching technique to merge pieces of clay together. I really enjoyed this process and experimenting with something new.